New? Find out what Integral Evolution is all about!
A novel and unique therapeutic Approach
Integral Evolution is a completely novel and unique therapeutic system that goes way beyond naturopathic and holistic healing, developed by me, Katia Trost. Integral Evolution stands for a complete change of paradigm in spiritual and personal evolution as well as in health.
I have come to understand that health disorders and obstacles in personal and spiritual development are symptoms of a common underlying cause– the lack of physical, mental, and emotional development as it has originally been designed by nature. Health symptoms and obstacles in personal and spiritual development are basically evolution gone wrong.
People whose personality development is detained, often live past their purpose because their body is simply not able to reach certain levels of energy and maturity that are needed to reach one’s full potential. Apart from keeping people away from their potential, this state of physical, personal, and psychological immaturity is also an essential factor in most psychological conditions and health problems.
If you come from an integral evolutionary approach, spiritual or personal development and healing on a physical, emotional, and mental level are the same thing, really.
Integral Evolution is primarily designed for people who know that they have a huge personal and spiritual potential, but who have not been able to fully embody and manifest it yet.
You may have tried many therapeutic approaches and consulted various experts, including holistic practitioners, naturopaths, spiritual coaches and shamans. But so far, things are not really moving along. Or you may go one step forward, two steps backward.
One way or the other: you have never found the missing pieces of the puzzle that let you connect the dots and find the common thread of what is really going on in your life.
Health Problems as developmental Obstacles
My method is not only built on many years of experience as a naturopath (turned integral practitioner), spiritual seeker, and trauma therapist. It also draws upon basic research in the fields of biochemistry, epigenetics, neurology, psychology, endocrinology, sociology, anthropology, and biological evolutionary science, among others.
All things considered, I came to regard all physical, emotional, or mental problems as a developmental block and not as a pathology.
Switching from Survival mode to Expansion Mode
What you need to know from the start: the method I developed differs from conventional medicine, but also from classic holistic and naturopathic medicine in quite a few ways.
My method strives to actually think biological, biochemical, and psychological mechanisms through. Surprisingly, medicine and psychology have long recognized stress as the primary factor in illness, but the conventional medical and psychological paradigm does not really derive practical consequences from that knowledge (we are not talking exercise and rest here).
Stress triggers a state of survival that completely changes one’s metabolism in a very foreseeable pattern. These changes can and need to be undone for any kind of self-healing, but also proper evolution to take place. Unfortunately, most people spend most of their lives in a biochemical and often also a psychological state of survival. Their symptoms and developmental obstacles are only a logical expression of this state of survival and nothing we should call illness.
Stress will always block the timely and correct unfoldment of biological and psychological development. On top of being in a state of survival, many people whose spirit might be highly evolved will lag behind with some crucial developmental steps that prevent human potential to unfold and become physically manifest. A faulty development, on the other hand, makes the body-mind-emotion unit less functional, stress-resistant, and open to attacks of any kind. The spiral of stress and arrested development becomes a self-perpetuating loop.
But nature is quite savvy and provided us with ways to get out of survival mode and trigger missing developmental steps at any age – given the right keys.
Energy is key
Essentially, Integral Evolution is a system that helps you trigger missing developmental steps and to undo stress damage on a deep metabolic level, which will impact neurological, endocrine, and immune function to name only the “big three”.
In my work, I cross-reference science with philosophy, psychology, and spirituality, since I strongly believe that the laws of nature (and all other laws for that matter) go back to the most basic concept of our universe: energy.
Everything in our lives evolves around the management and acquisition of energy. Being the master of one’s own energy equals not only personal (creative) power but also health and optimal development.
An increase in energy will always trigger self-healing, in which restoration and repair are only the beginning. True self-healing is also the beginning of expansion. Once a step is completed (healed), evolution will integrate what you have achieved and drive you to the next step in your development. Should your body not be able to self-heal and get stuck on a particular level (physical, emotional, mental), evolution will patiently wait for you to complete the necessary evolutionary step until it will let you proceed.
While you may be able to achieve some partial results on physical, emotional, or mental problems, evolution will not take place until true integration has happened. There are no exceptions to this rule.
While all my findings start as a theoretical working hypothesis, an educated guess, they need to stand the test of practice and time. In the end, only practical and reproducible results count.
Evidence-based Medicine meets integral and Evolutionary Theory
Integral Evolution as a method incorporates all my research into a unified concept of health and evolution. I have refined it over the last 10 years working with patients from many different countries.
As I learned, inter-connected thinking is rarely applied in conventional medicine, which is why there is hardly any concrete research that tries to unite several perspectives and levels of physical function in order to recognize a unifying principle in them.
Naturopathic and holistic practices, on the other hand, will tell you that everything is connected, but fail to tell you how exactly.
Naturopaths often make the same mistake as conventional practitioners by confusing relief measures with actual healing. Most naturopathic measures are, unfortunately, just as symptom-based and mechanistic as conventional medicine. They only use “natural” remedies instead of chemistry.
I do apply the principles of “evidence-based medicine”, but I combine them with integral and evolutionary theory assuming that energy is the key to mostly everything.
I will use methods that are also used in holistic and naturopathic therapies, but from a completely different perspective and with my own personal spin. And never arbitrarily. A commonly good method may do more harm than good if you do not know how it fits into human physiology or evolution. Timing is often key to integration.
Spiritual and personal Evolution as a Natural Expression of a functional Body-Mind System
In my experience, the individual potential will automatically and naturally begin to unfold from inside out through the implementation of my program.
I see personal and spiritual development as essential steps in later stages of human evolution. Since the program builds upon early steps of development, later stages will naturally follow.
This is why many individuals will be able to continuously unfold their potential after this program by themselves. After all, maturity provides autonomy from guidance, among other things! Others will want to continue with mentoring programs targeted at spiritual or personal development or purpose finding. It can be assumed that greater benefits will be reaped from any targeted program after a good foundation of autonomy is in place.
Integral Evolution as a program itself, however, is not a mentoring program to promote your potential. It will build the foundation for you to either continue to unfold on your own or to create the necessary physical and emotional foundations and roots for other programs that are catered to personality development or spiritual evolution to work more effectively. The higher up you want to come in your personal or spiritual evolution, the better your foundations will have to hold!
Regulation of Organ Systems (Control Systems)
From the perspective of Integral Evolution, pathological phenomena (as in disease) are not seen as a flaw in human nature.
Rather, disturbances are understood as the language of the body wanting to draw attention to unregulated control systems. I refer to organ systems as control systems, because they will not only carry out organic functions. Every organ also plays a specific role in regards to the overall operationality of your body-mind system.
Surprising to some, there is a hierarchical order in the body’s systems. However, nature is never static, only functional. Every society needs its leaders in certain situations, otherwise chaos will ensue. In your body, the leader is hopefully you. Static hierarchies work through authoritative rule, while functional hierarchies work through merit, feedback loops, and free will cooperation.
Attention to Chain of command
Control systems do not work in an arbitrary relationship to each other.
The body uses a chain of command system in the body. Otherwise, what we know as “normal” bodily function would not be possible. Through functional hierarchies, every control system knows its place and job in the body. Timing is a crucial aspect of functionality and integration of all control systems ensures synchronicity. It is our chain of command principle that allows us to react to all changes in our environment appropriately.
This is how our physiological chain of command looks like:
- the mitochondria as producers of energy
- the nervous system (organic and psychological) as the boss of the organism
- And finally, the hormonal system as a mediator between the above-mentioned instances
- The immune system
- All other control systems
Nature has determined an ideal path for physical, emotional, and mental development. For example, people first raise their heads before learning to crawl and then to walk. The pattern of this individual evolution is called ontogenesis. Ontogenesis always strives to consume the least amount of energy possible while achieving a specific and desired outcome.
Problems within the ontogenetic evolution will later manifest as energy leaks, but also as gaps in the functionality of the body. You may compare this to a tower that is missing a few bricks in its foundation. The higher the tower gets, the less stable the whole construct will be. We can experience these gaps as problems with our physical and emotional health and, ultimately, a block to personal and spiritual development.
Consideration and Eradication of “Drug Diseases”
Medical drugs can not only produce side effects at the time they are being used.
In my experience, past medication, and other substances that are foreign to the body can continue to affect health long after their use has been discontinued.
This is true even for substances taken only once or for a short time. The same applies to recreational and ritual drugs. Some of these effects are epigenetic in nature, others are due to permanent changes in cell receptors. Whatever the reason, past drug use can produce “energetic” treatment blocks. “Drug diseases” can and often do disturb treatments and also hinder evolution. They create “man-made” chaos, and in the case of chemical drugs push the body into the production of symptoms it would never have produced on its own. To me, this is real pathology, while pathophysiology is an intelligent expression of the body’s shift into a state of survival and energy preservation.
Respecting Natural Order
By understanding nature, the Integral Evolution approach helps the body to put control systems in order to promote self-healing and natural evolution.
Structure of the therapy
- Therapy of epigenetic disorders of the whole organism
- Therapy of drug diseases
- Therapy of mitochondria
- Therapy of the nervous system (organic)
- Therapy of the nervous system (psychological)
- Therapy of the hormonal system, wherein the hormonal system is a reactive system and regulation basically needs to be derived from the health of other systems
- Immune System
- Remaining control systems and tissues
Is Integral Evolution for you?
Integral Evolution is not for everyone. While filling in the gaps of evolution is what we do, the complexity and demands of the program will not be suitable for people with no foundation at all.
It is likely that people who are suitable for this program have worked on themselves considerably already. By definition, the therapist will only be able to be co-pilot in a process that is intended to result in the personal autonomy of the client.
This program is meant for people who are not only willing to reach maturity on all levels but who are able and willing to expend resources to achieve it (time, money, patience, discipline). In other words: to act and not just talk.
So I will be brutally honest with you about what to expect.
Integral Evolution is only suitable for people who are willing to take up full responsibility for all of their creations and manifestations, no matter what they are (family circumstances, incarnation, financial situation, health, relationships) and how difficult they might feel. No victim mentality will be tolerated. We all need to learn how to feel compassion for ourselves, yes, but feeling pain or regret about past choices should not end up in self-pity or victim mentality. It is important you ask yourself why you created adverse circumstances in the first place and what you needed to learn from them.
Integral Evolution goes deep. As soon as true self-healing sets in, you will be confronted with your shadow. It will be asked of you not to look away. Anything else is a waste of resources (aka energy), yours, and ours.
Integral Evolution is not a therapist-centered methodology. We are facilitators. All changes need to be brought forth by you. We can only offer information and expertise. You will ultimately have to decide whether to implement changes or not and live with the consequences. It is not our relationship with you that heals (although we hope to be inspirational), but your work on yourself. We can’t help you become autonomous if you are not willing to act as an adult.
We expect you to deal with upcoming “mommy” and “daddy” projections (we all have them!). We are here to help you transcend projections and not to give you free gratification of your emotional needs. Free gratification of needs is something that needs to be reserved for children only. Evolution and healing are not possible, if you are not prepared to learn how to meet your own emotional needs while depending on others to fulfill them.
The failure to recognize this fact at a deep level is at the heart of most developmental issues. We all need to claim our physical, personal, emotional and spiritual independence and individuality in order to truly be able to act like adults. This might be the hardest task you ever needed to complete. We, as therapists, also continuously work hard on ourselves daily in order to be able to give you the best of assistance for your journey.
If you are considering working with us, please make sure to familiarize yourself with all the content of this website, including the procedure, costs and scope of our therapy prior to starting our program. If you are unsure about the psychological demands of the program, check out the state of your foundation of self here.
People we do not work with
- People who are on any sort of medication and do not want to change this situation (exception: missing organs). This includes any kind of artificial hormone, such as cortisone, the birth control pill, IVF treatments, modulators for hormonal receptors such as Tamoxifen, Finasteride, Clomifene, etc. We are happy to help you find alternatives, of course.
- You should only use any kind of medication in case of emergency (imminent threat to life or imminent danger of serious health problems). This includes vaccines, antibiotics and even the habitual use of pain-killers, nose sprays and the likes. We are happy to help you find alternatives, of course. Please discuss any surgery or acute illness with us (with the exception of emergencies, of course). Once you stop using suppressing medication, you may have to go through some tough spots in the beginning, since the body will start to self-regulate. We’ll do our best to support you, but regulation isn’t always pretty, what you see is the physical part of your shadow. Many people in the past have been thrown back in their development because of one careless decision or the desire for a little “quick fix” in between. Remember: No one “has” to take anything, no matter how much doctors might frighten you. There are no shortcuts.
- So-called “natural” hormones are no part of this treatment concept. We do not accept people who would like to continue taking them, since these people are being controlled from the outside and not letting their body control itself. Bodies are perfectly capable of producing any hormone by itself (exception: missing organs, complete organ failure). If you are taking any natural hormones, we will help you wean them off as soon as possible. Weaning off thyroid meds needs a little more preparation. But we expect you to let them go within the first months of treatment. We don’t prescribe phytoestrogens. In fact, avoiding them is a big part of our program. People transitioning out of hormonal replacement may feel some more discomfort at the beginning of treatment since the body needs to deal with one more layer of imposition. However, weaning off with us is usually a lot more gentle than going off cold turkey. We still can’t promise you that you won’t have to hang in there for a while longer than people who start out the therapy without taking hormones.
- We don’t accept people who consume recreational or ritual drugs, which includes soft drugs like marihuana, hard drugs, and also mushrooms, ayahuasca, and the likes. There will be zero tolerance, even for the occasional drag on a joint – drugs may stay in the system physically and energetically for months and sometimes years.
- You should be prepared to reduce your consumption of alcohol to one glass a week, preferably none. We advise you to cut out all coffee. We will allow one cup a day in the morning if you must.
- We do not treat vegans. We strongly advise against vegetarianism.
- We do not treat people with silicone implants (but we are happy to help you with the after-effects). We expect you to take out the copper coil if you want to work with us. It is possible for most women to avoid pregnancies in a safe way through natural sympto-thermal methods.
- We will suggest nutritional supplements. It is important that you do not self medicate with additional supplements without running them by us first. Supplements are powerful tools to enhance or prevent energy production and need to fit your individual needs. While self experimenting can be fun, it is mostly not compatible with our program.
- The same goes for changes in diet. We will ask you to do our adrenal reset diet for 8 weeks straight and stay on it in a strict or moderate version for the duration of the program.
Find more in-detail information about what we will ask of you here.
Start here for more info about the concepts behind Integral Evolution.
PS: Our practice is momentarily preparing to go fully international. This is why some information (about treatment costs, procedure etc.) may not yet be available. If you would like to be informed when we are ready, please sign up for our newsletter.
None of the information on this website are medical advice. This information is based on my personal experience and opinion and does not always correspond with the official scientific point of view. Therefore, no promises to attain health can be extracted from the contents of this page. Never postpone any medical or psychological treatment because of the contents of this page. Always look for medical or psychological advice if you suffer from any kind of health condition or psychological condition.